Me with cowboys!
HELLO FRIENDS!
So much has been going on since the last time I got in touch with you!
Where to start? Well I just got back from Nashville. It was great, y’all! ;-) I went down there to meet a few people and stay in touch with others but it was also a little vacation.
I played at Douglas Corner and sat at booth under a signed poster of Garth Brooks saying something like “Douglas Corner has always been like a home to me”... I felt kind of cool!
I also went horseback riding in a big ranch with cowboys! The instructor was also a singer (of course!) and so I ended up hanging out with him and his friends that night. Somehow, I danced to country music with a real cowboy... I didn’t really know where I was from anymore... Paris? Where is that? In Texas?... ;-)
| A gas station in Nashville... | |
The music has been going very well. I keep getting played on a bunch of podcasts. “Meant To Fly”, “Unfinished Life” and “I Think Of You” are the favorites...
You can go check out some of them:
live365.com/stations/powerhit102
wlso.fm/wordpress/archives/1036
Also I just hung up the phone from a web radio interview with Radio Now. It belongs to the live365.com network. I don’t know when the interview will air but I will let you know when I find out!
And I just finished an interview with iProng Magazine (iProngMagazine.com) that just got published in the May 13th edition. It is a four-page interview and I am really excited about it! Also, my appearance at Podcamp 2.0, a podcast conference in Brooklyn that took place on April 25th and 26th, was mentioned in the iProng Magazine May 7th issue. Go check it out!
My CD has been available for sale at a store called Urban Cottage, a really cute store at the corner of 94th Street and Broadway. Go in and ask them questions about my CD if you happen to walk by! You can even buy it if you don’t have it yet... The owner of the store is a very nice guy; he is from India and when I asked him for his name he answered: “Just call me Bob...”
| | |
MY SHOW MAY 20TH AT R BAR HAS BEEN CANCELED! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REBOOKING IT ON ANOTHER DATE AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND OUT WHEN!
And believe it or not, the June 12th show is now going to be on June 13th at 9pm at:
UnWINEd @ The Symphony Space
(95th street between Broadway and West End) FREE!
UnWINEd is a really cool wine bar in the Upper West Side. Upper West Siders, this gig is for you!! You can’t say that it is too far anymore! ;-)
One cool thing that I like to mention about this place is that on Mondays and Tuesdays, they are open for people to play Guitar Hero III all day...
On May 23rd I will appear live for an interview and to sing a couple of songs on an internet show called RNO from Paris (justin.tv/fromparis) from 9pm to 12pm (NY time). It is an interactive show so you can talk to me through the chat!
I have other shows coming up in June and July and will let you know about them very soon.
À Bientôt!
(check out the “French Word of The Month” below to get my translation)
Joséphine.
CONTACT INFO
josephine@josephineancelle.com
http://www.myspace.com/josephineancelle
THE FRENCH WORD OF THE MONTH
À Bientôt: Literally means “To soon” in French... So basically it would be translated by “See you soon”. I decided to start giving you a new French word for each newsletter. Let me know if there is any word you would like to learn!
.jpg)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire