Dear Friends,
Life is good! Don’t you think? I try to remind myself everyday of how many wonderful things I have going on in my life and I hope you can all count many wonderful things in yours.
I am so happy that I not only get to do what I love, music, but grow from it every day. I have always known that nothing is sure in life and that our goals can sometimes turn into different realities but I have always thought that this path that I have chosen was the best way for me to discover who I am, push myself beyond my limits and never get stuck in one state of mind, whatever the outcome. It is even greater to walk on that path and always find a door that is unlocked…
I have spent the past few month looking for someone to produce a new album or EP for me. I knocked on many doors that never got opened and had to go all the way to Nashville to find the one that would! It’s always when you find that door that you understand why the others stayed closed. I will tell you more as things evolve but for now you can go to my myspace page and listen to the first recording that came out of this new collaboration with my song “Half Of Me”. I would love to hear what you think.
I have also put up on myspace an acoustic version of a new song. This song has a nice story behind it. It has to do with a candle, a French restaurant and a wonderful 80 something year old couple… All you have to know is that I did not write the lyrics to it but if you want to hear the full story, come out to a show and I will tell it then! ☺ I like to give details when I tell stories (my family always makes fun of me for it but I think it is more fun that way) and this one would be too long to write in this email if I wanted to do it justice!
Luckily, I have a bunch of shows coming up! ;-)
UPCOMING SHOWS
June 18th at Bar 4 for The NY Sirens
(444 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215) at 10pm
with Jamie Rae at 8pm and Shanna Zell at 9pm. I go on at 10pm (with Peter Calo, Matt Wigton and Chris Benelli). I know this is in Brooklyn and late at night but Bar 4 is a really cool place and I don’t know many people in Brooklyn. If you have some friends who live out there, I would really appreciate it if you told them about it!
June 21st for Make Music New York
(2519 Broadway, NY 10025) at 3pm
Make Music New York got started I think 3 years ago in New York but it was inspired by a celebration that started in Paris many years ago and the spread out all over music. Every year on June 21st , anyone can go out in the streets and play some music. You can find out more about it at MakeMusicNY.org/. So I chose to play in my neighbourhood, in front of my friend Bob the Indian’s store that sells my CD, Urban Cottage, at the corner of 94th street and Broadway. I plan to go on at 3pm with my band and we’ll turn the block into a party for a little while!
July 12 for Bastille Day!!!
Bastille Day’s street fair organized by the FIAF (French Institute) is always a lot of fun. I had to pleasure to be a part of it last year and I am so happy to do it again this year! I am not sure of the time yet but it will be some time in the early afternoon.
http://www.bastilledaynyc.com/
http://www.fiaf.org
July 12 AT THE LIVING ROOM AT 8PM (or 9pm – to be confirmed)!
Yes, it is the same day but it will be a different show. I am very excited to play The Living Room again with the full band and once again I will beg you to come out! I still need to prove that I can bring out people and I promise it will be a lot of fun!!
ALL OF THESE SHOWS ARE FREE AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU AT ONE OF THEM!... or all of them! ☺
Let me know how you are doing,
Much love,
Joséphine
FRENCH WORD OF THE MONTH
I figured I would give you a few words that are exactly the same in French and in English… There are actually many of them. English borrowed a lot from French and French borrowed a lot from English; and still does…
Here are a few examples: (they mean the same thing and are spelled the same)
Album, beige, catastrophe, concert, crocodile, double, explosion, fruit, horizon, idiot, intelligent, jungle, locomotive, massage, normal, police, robot, statue, taxi, urgent, virus, xylophone, zen… So if you’re ever in France and you don’t know how to say something, try an English word with your best French accent and there are good chances you will be understood… That is how I fool people when I speak English! ;-)
.jpg)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire