mardi 27 octobre 2009

Newsletter April 6, 2009


This is the view I had when we were shooting the photo we chose for my album cover: a beautiful cherry blossom tree in Riverside Park.

Dear Friends!
I hope you are all doing well. What is the weather like where you are? We, New Yorkers, cannot wait for the cherry trees to blossom and for a steady 60 degrees which should happen in the next couple of weeks… The cherry blossom season, when most of the trees are blooming with beautiful white and pink flowers is definitely my favourite time of year. It was actually during that time, two years ago, that I shot my album pictures in Riverside Park!!
ON THE MUSIC SIDE OF THINGS
Well now it is time for a new album! I have been keeping myself busy with writing new songs and seriously preparing for my new EP. I need to be sure of the songs I will choose and of the direction that I want to take so I am taking my time with it as it will be the root for everything else. All I can say is that it should involve more French songs!
UPCOMING SHOWS
I have not performed in a while because I want to focus on writing and shows always take a lot of preparation but I couldn’t resist for too long…
So the next one will be at:
Caffé Vivaldi on Friday April 17th at 7:30pm
(32 Jones Street in Greenwich Village – FREE)
Caffé Vivaldi (www.caffevivaldi.com) is a really cute intimate venue that is perfect for acoustic sets. I will be lucky to be accompanied by Peter Calo on acoustic guitar, Matt Wigton on double bass, and Chris Benelli on percussion and I will play some new songs that will probably go on the new album!!
I have been invited to play by Andy Mac for the “Andy Mac and Friends” night that he hosts there twice a month so I am very proud to be a part of it!
I hope I will get to see a lot of you there and until then, let me know what you are up to!
Much love,
Joséphine

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire