mardi 27 octobre 2009

Newsletter July 29, 2009

DEAR FRIENDS,
What are you doing this summer? I hope you are all taking some well deserved vacation. I am staying in New York but I am taking advantage of all of the great things the city has to offer and we have been getting a pretty perfect month of July weather-wise; it has not been unbearably hot like it usually is but it has been sunny most days, so I am loving it! But enough small talk, here comes the BIG NEWS:
I AM COMING TO PARIS IN SEPTEMBER TO PLAY MY FIRST SHOW EVER IN MY HOME TOWN!! I am bringing a couple of my band members who agreed to take a little vacation in Paris in September and I cannot wait! My European friends and family, this show is for you!! Please please please, save the date! September 28th at Le Sentier Des Halles. I am going to need all of your support and help to make this worthwhile so start letting your friends know about it and let’s make it unforgettable together!
Mes chers amis qui en avez marre que je n’écrive mes emails qu’en anglais, je m’en excuse… Oui, vous avez bien compris, je viens donner mon premier concert à Paris le 28 septembre au Sentier Des Halles!! Je m’en réjouis déjà car j’ai hâte d’enfin pouvoir partager ma musique avec vous. Je vous en serais plus que reconnaissante si vous pouviez réserver votre soirée et n’hésitez pas à inviter vos amis!
I will give you more details as the date approaches… I also have a lot of other projects for the month of August which I will keep you posted on.
Even though I love being in NYC, don’t hesitate to send me some of your vacation pictures so I can have a little change of scenery for a few minutes… ;-)
Much love,
Joséphine.



UPCOMING SHOWS
August 3rd 2009, solo show at Blackbird’s – 9pm
41-19 30th Avenue, Astoria, New York 11103
September 28th, at Le Sentier Des Halles – TBA
50 rue d’Aboukir – 75002 Paris FRANCE ☺



FRENCH WORD OF THE MONTH
How about a useful sentence for your future trip to Paris? Let’s say, I don’t know… at the end of September!
“Bonjour Monsieur (Madame), je voudrais un croissant et un café au lait s’il vous plaît.”
Do not pronounce the “r” in “monsieur”, “et” rhymes with “café”, “voudrais”, “lait” and “plaît” rhyme with “say” and “vous” with “too” (almost…)
Meaning: “Hello Sir (Mrs), I would like a croissant and a coffee with milk please.”
Just picture yourself at the terrace of a little café ordering your morning breakfast before your walk along the Seine…





Thank you to all of you who were at The Bastille Day shows!
I hope you had as much fun as I did…

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire